“To command Nature one must obey its rules” Francis Bacon (1561 York House, 1626 Highgate) Novum organum
All the plants we process are harvested by us.
- The botanical recognition of plants is assured, it is the basis of our work, it all starts with nature, as close as possible to the plants.
- Proximity and therefore understanding of the nature of plants is more important, this relationship with plants, this permanent dialogue with nature seems very important to us to initiate healing.
We grow all plants that can be cultivated and with maximum biodiversity.
- Do not harvest crops that may be harmful to nature.
- Preserve the maximum number of plant species or varieties of a single species which, when mixed together, allow us to offer a quality product enriched in biodiversity, this is for example the case for the fig tree with around 700 varieties mixed , the apple tree with 200 varieties, etc…
It is also a way to preserve cultivated biodiversity.
Planting trees is a passion.
- Every year we sow and plant trees
- We organize crops by mixing free nature and culture.
- Biodiversity begins doing a “cultured garden” thanks to the mixture of all species interspersed with regular hedges, tall free-standing trees and our cultivated plants
Gemmessence begins with nature, with the cultivation of the greatest biodiversity, multiplying varieties and species is a way of discovering nature in these different expressions, visual, olfactory, sensual, of capturing its essence, perhaps also to perceive the message of life.
Cultivating by making large gardens of biodiversity is one of the great privileges of man and it is one of the greatest satisfactions:
“Almighty God first planted a garden and truly, it is the purest of human pleasures”
Francis Bacon, essays, Gardens
Gemmessence cultivates the vast majority of plants which will then be transformed to preserve natural spaces, there is no as the Heather of Landes Girondines and the Juniper of Quercy which come from uncultivated areas because they are not endangered and are certainly much more powerful coming from their preferred biotope.
We follow the specifications for organic cultivation (AB) which is obvious, but we do not use any treatment and take great pleasure in planting many hedge trees every year for birds, for biodiversity in general and for our pleasure.